This beautiful Queen Anne-style house sits along the west boundary of Bush Pasture Park.
The following information is from the Salem Historical Quarterly website:
"In 1882 the Rev. James H. B. Royal bought the whole block across from Bush’s pasture for $900. The house was built by Emma’s brother, Holly Austin Cornell. It had to be large enough to accommodate boarders as Rev. Royal was blind and could not work. Most of the boarders were teachers at the Lincoln School, where St. Paul’s Episcopal Church now stands. The house was purchased by Dr. James Moore in 1909 and a letter written in 1973 by his daughter contains memories of her childhood there. The letter was sent to Don and Verna Johnson, owners at that time who remodeled the house finding family records of previous tenants wedged in the bricks of the living room fireplace. The present owners have carefully preserved historical records of the house."
 Nadine & Roger Heusser are the current owners and have cared for the house since 2001. Thanks goes to Ron and Jill Le Blanc who are credited with it's restoration. [Thanks to Stephanie Matlock Allen of the Salem Heritage Network for this additional information.]